3. What Information Do We Collect And Use?
(a) Information You Provide “Personal Information” means information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, locate, or contact a specific individual, together with associated information. If you create any type of account, download software, or participate in certain activities on the Services (such as surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotions), we may ask you to provide us with Personal Information that can be used to specifically identify, locate, or contact you, such as: your name, email address, postal mailing address, or telephone number. You may also have the option of providing us with other information about yourself or your household that may be associated with information that identifies you, such as payment card number, retailer loyalty card number, age or date of birth, gender, interests, product purchase information or receipts, zip code, and product or content preferences (including saved offers and content favorites). It will always be your decision whether to directly provide to us your Personal Information. In some cases, if you decline to share Personal Information with us, then we may not be able to provide you with certain Services, and you may not be eligible for certain sweepstakes, contests, or other promotions. For example, in order to use our Card Linked Offers, you must provide your email address and payment card number, in addition to other requirements. For information about how we handle user-submitted content, see Section 8.
- Your activity on the Services (such as pages viewed, searches performed and features accessed);
- Operating system, web browser information, and device attributes;
- Inbound-referral and outbound websites;
- Your internet protocol (“IP”) address;
- How you interact with coupons, advertisements and other content available on or through the Services, such as whether you print a coupon or load a Card Linked Offer to a payment card;
- The dates and times that you visited or used the Services, or requested certain services or transactions;
- Location information (see Location Services in Section 3.e below); and
- Advertising identifier associated with your mobile device.
An anonymous identifier or Personal Information may be associated with the information collected using cookies and similar technologies. If you are accessing the Services from a mobile device, see Section 3.e for additional automatically collected information.
- Device Information and Identifier. When you use our Services or install on your computer or other device our coupon printing software, mobile applications, or one of our toolbars, we may collect and store information about that device that helps us manage our products and services, deliver a more customized experience for you, and detect and prevent fraud. If you download the coupon printing software, a device identifier remains associated with that device even after uninstalling the software. This identifier is used primarily to prevent fraud. If you print a coupon using our download-free print technology, we will create an identifier for your print activity, and a persistent identifier will be associated with any device you authenticate using your phone number.
- Log Files and Local Storage (HTML5/Flash Cookies). As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date and time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to manage and operate our products and services, to offer you more personalized content and advertising, and for the other purposes described in Section 4 below. Certain Services may use local shared objects, such as Flash cookies, and local storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties may also use Flash cookies or HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. To manage Flash cookies, please click here.
(c) Information From Third Parties We may receive information from third parties about you, including Personal Information, cookies and other identifiers that do not personally identify you, and information about in-store and online transactions. We may use this information to administer the applicable program or service, to offer you more personalized content and advertising, and for the other purposes described in Section 4 below.
(d) Information You Provide About a Third Party If you choose to use any of our referral services to tell someone else about our Services, or to email a promotion, we will ask you for that person’s name and email address. We will use the information you provide to automatically send to that person the referral, such as an email inviting him or her to the Services you recommended. We do not share this email with any third party, other than those third party service providers used to transmit the referral.
(e) Information From Use Of Our Mobile Websites and Applications In addition to other information described above, when you download or use one of our mobile applications, or access the Services through a mobile device, we may automatically collect information about your location and your mobile device, including your operating system, device type, and device identifier. We may also request access to the device storage and camera, and permission to send you push notifications. You may decline to provide location information, storage and camera access, and push notification permission at any time using your mobile device’s system settings. Please consult your mobile device’s instruction manual for additional information about controlling system and application settings.
- Mobile Analytics. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the usage and performance of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We may link the information collected by the analytics software to either an account identifier, or a device advertising identifier.
4. How We Use Your Information We may use information that we collect for the following purposes:
- Operate, maintain, and improve the Services and our other products and services;
- Communicate with you about the coupons, advertisements, promotional offerings, and other content found on and off our Services;
- Process and facilitate coupon printing, loading, and redemption activity;
- Manage and store shopping lists;
- Monitor and improve marketing and promotional campaigns and efforts;
- Provide you with a personalized experience on and off the Services, including targeted advertisements and promotions;
- Anonymize and aggregate information for different purposes, such as website traffic flow analysis, usage analysis, product development, market analysis, case studies, reports, insights, and marketing;
- For administrative purposes, such as customer service and sweepstakes administration or responding to your inquiries;
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; and
5. When We Share Information
(a) We may share Personal Information and other information collected or obtained about you with our affiliates (subsidiaries or other companies owned or controlled by AloCM). In all cases, the affiliates will only be able to use the information as set forth in Section 4 above.
(b) We may work with other companies to operate, maintain and deliver the Services and the content, services and features available on and off the Services, including to provide personalized coupons and advertisements, for contests and sweepstakes, and to communicate with you by email, SMS text message, or push notification. In such circumstances, those companies will have access to the information needed, including Personal Information, to provide the applicable service, content or feature on our behalf, but they will not be permitted to use the information for any other purpose, except for the aggregation and other purposes set forth in Section 5.e. For instance, if you provide to us a retailer loyalty number in order to load a coupon we distribute to your loyalty card, we will provide the retailer with the loyalty card number and other information necessary to fulfill your load request. The retailer may then match this information with other information in its possession.
(c) We may share Personal Information with other companies with your consent or as part of a specific program or feature provided in partnership with a third party. If you choose to participate in such program or feature, we authorize those third parties to use your Personal Information. For example, we offer coupons on or through our Services that require you to fill out an advertiser survey in order to receive the coupon. If you choose to participate in the survey, then we will share the information you provide with the advertiser who provided the survey. You may also be given the option to sign up for promotional emails from a third party. In order to fulfill your request, we will provide your email address to the applicable third party. In addition, we may share your Personal Information with third parties to obtain associated information, including cookies and other identifiers that do not personally identify you, and for marketing on our behalf. In such cases, the third party would be restricted from using your Personal Information for other purposes not associated with our Services.
(e) We may aggregate Personal Information (excluding Personal Information that specifically identifies an individual, or that can be used to contact or locate a specific individual) or de-identify Personal Information, and share such aggregated or de-identified information with third parties; we may also share such aggregated or de-identified information publicly to provide information about general use of our Services. In addition, we may permit our third-party service providers and vendors that collect Personal Information in connection with performing functions or providing Services on our behalf to aggregate that Personal Information (excluding Personal Information that specifically identifies an individual, or that can be used to contact or locate a specific individual) or de-identify that Personal Information, to improve their own products and services or for their internal business and research purposes and we may permit such third parties to share such aggregated or de-identified information publicly to provide information about their services.
(f) In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. You will be notified by email or a prominent notice on our Services of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
(g) We may share information about you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with local, state, or federal laws or to respond to a court order, judicial or other governmental subpoena or warrant, or in the event of bankruptcy proceedings. For example, where required by law, we will publicly disclose information about the winners of sweepstakes and contests. We also reserve the right to share information when we believe, in good faith, it is appropriate or necessary to protect us or the third parties we work with from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses, investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, assist government enforcement agencies, protect the security or integrity of the Services, and to protect our rights, property, or safety and those of the third parties we work with.
6. Your Choices Please contact us using this form to determine whether we control any Personal Information that is associated with your email address. If AloCM receives information about you from a third party, you will need to contact that third party directly to manage your information.
- Site Accounts. If you registered a password-protected account with us, you may modify or correct your Personal Information and preferences at any time by logging into this account or by contacting us using this form. We will respond to you within 30 days from the date you contact us. If there is Personal Information that we cannot fully modify or delete upon your request, we will provide you with any available options.
- Emails. You can opt-out of marketing coupon email alerts and other emails such as newsletters by following the instructions included in our emails to you, or by contacting us using this form. In addition, you can change your preferences for certain alocoupons.com emails by logging into your alocoupons.com account and going to “Email Settings” or “Alerts.” For Definitive Deals promotional emails, you can update your email preferences using the “Unsubscribe” or “Update Your Profile” links contained in the footer. Please note that if you opt out from all promotional emails, we may still send you transactional or administrative messages.
- In-App Push Advertising. Please note that if you opt out from all promotional push messages, we may still send you transactional or administrative messages through the App.
- California Do Not Track Disclosure. Because at this time, there is no general agreement on how companies should interpret Do Not Track signals, we do not currently respond to Do Not Track signals, whether a signal is received on a computer or on a mobile device. However, we offer you choices about how we use the information we collect through online tracking.
- Interest-Based Advertising. Our advertising partners, vendors and other third parties may track your online activities and collect information for use in providing content and advertising tailored to your interests. For information about how to opt out of receiving certain behavioral advertisements, please click here.
8. Community Forums/Blogs; User-Generated Content We may offer features that allow users to post comments, recipes, photos, video and other user-generated content to public areas within the Services (“Community Forums”). By default, when you post content to a Community Forum, it is public. In addition, your account name and photo may be associated with the content, and if so, may be displayed publicly. Your user profile may also link to your public profile from a third party account if you registered with us through Facebook or other such service. Please take special note that your user profile and any user-generated content that you post, including any Personal Information, are intended for public consumption, will be publicly accessible and will not be considered confidential. We may display user-generated content on our Services, including comments and recipes, and we or our users may share such content with third party sites and services. To request removal of your Personal Information from any Community Forum, please contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
9. Our Commitment to Data Security The Services may use various physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Information. Additional security measures, such as Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) or other technology, will be used if you engage in financial transactions on our Services. However, as no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or that unauthorized access or theft of data might not occur. For features on our Services that require a login or password, it is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer or mobile device. Use strong logins and passwords that are difficult to guess and change your logins and password periodically. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Please notify us immediately if you think your account or login or password has been compromised.
10. Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy The Site is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 13, and any use or access of the Site by anyone under the age of 13 is strictly prohibited. If we learn that personally identifiable information of a user under the age of 13 has been collected through the Services, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
11. Your Privacy Rights You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with us: [email protected]
Following a link to another website